Continuing our series outlining the SEO services we elaborate on our ‘Executive SEO’ training.
In this training path, we want to equip executives with the relevant knowledge to use SEO in their strategic decision-making, and to evaluate SEO applications. Our aim is also to prevent executives from making some of the SEO mistakes we see all too often.
Short-sighted SEOOne of the most common mistakes companies make when it comes to SEO is only considering SEO as part of website performance. There are a number of problems with this myopic approach. One of the big problems is that getting to page one on Google for a keyword (or any other search engine for that matter) may feel nice, but companies should ask the question ‘So what?’. The ‘so what?’ could also take the form of the following questions:
- How does ranking in this keyword help me sell?
- Does our target market use this keyword when they search for our product/services?
- Does our high ranking lead to sales? If not, why?
Goals of Executive SEOBy the end of the training we aim for executives to be able to:
- Assess the performance of their website
- Develop appropriate SEO goals and strategy
- Make effective plans to achieve these goals
- Develop an understanding of how SEO fits in the company’s wider sales cycle.
- Effectively participate in keyword planning